More than half of men are familiar with inflammation of the prostate gland – prostatitis. They do not know that prostatitis is treated with modern methods, that the disease responds well to drug therapy.
The main thing is to seek medical help as soon as possible, follow all the recommendations of specialists.
Groups of drugs for the treatment of the disease
Doctors approach the treatment of prostatitis, especially in an acute form, in a complex manner. Drug therapy includes several types of drugs, because. Treatment goals include:
- destruction of pathogenic microflora;
- restoration of functional features of the prostate;
- increase the patient’s immunity.
|Antibiotics||They have a detrimental effect on bacteria and fungi, which stops the inflammatory process. The outflow of urine improves, the pain syndrome decreases.||Amoxil Ampisid Augmentin Biseptol Doxycycline Levofloxacin Norfloxacin Sumamed Ceftazidime Ceftriaxone Ciprofloxacin|
|Antiviral||They are prescribed if the inflammation is caused by viruses against which antibiotics are powerless.||Wilprafen Azithromycin|
|Painkillers NSAIDs||Non-hormonal agents effectively reduce inflammation by reducing the swelling of the organ, normalizing the outflow of its secret. This will quickly eliminate pain and discomfort.||Propolis Gemo-Pro Prostatilen Ichthyol thiatriazoline|
|Alpha blockers||Relieve muscle spasm of the urethra, bladder, which improves the outflow of urine, restores healthy urination||omnic Tamsulosin Terazosin dalfaz|
|Muscle relaxers||Their action is comparable to alpha- blockers , but is also aimed at relieving pain.||Baclofen Mydocalm Metacarbamol|
|Means to improve blood supply||Normalize blood flow to the pelvic organs and the prostate itself, which helps to eliminate the stagnation of its secretion, enhance tissue regeneration due to increased nutrition||Pentoxifylline Aescusan|
|Phytotherapeutic medicines||Means based on herbal ingredients will effectively complement drug therapy, as well as strengthen the immune system. Their advantage is safety and naturalness||The recommended basis of medicines is pumpkin seeds, sabal, creeping palm fruits|
|Vitamin complexes||Increase immunity and resistance to pathogenic microorganisms, improve the functioning of the genitourinary system||Prostate Forte Prost Actin with opti -zinc Aevit Milgama|
The most popular herbal remedies that stimulate the functioning of the prostate itself and the entire genitourinary system include:
|Prostatilen||Improves the functioning of the bladder, strengthens blood vessels, normalizes the blood supply to the prostate, prevents the formation of blood clots||Candles Lyophilisate for injection|
|Vitaprost||Normalizes the functioning of the prostate, reduces thrombosis, stimulates the bladder||Tablets Candles|
|Prostamol Uno||Removes puffiness, stops inflammation, strengthens the walls of blood vessels, reduces their permeability||Capsules|
|Peponen||Reduces inflammation, accelerates the regeneration of prostate tissue, relieves pain and discomfort, restores healthy urination||Gelatin capsules|
Prostatitis is treated not only with medication. Various methods of physiotherapy, dieting, the basics of proper nutrition help to get rid of it, traditional medicine is indispensable for violations of the prostate function.
This method of treatment of prostatitis will help only in the chronic form, during the period of exacerbation it is better to refuse it.
Have a good effect:
- electrophoresis – enhances the blood supply to the organ and the outflow of prostatic secretions, increases tissue nutrition; recommended after a previous massage;
- therapeutic exercises – performing special exercises will increase blood flow to the pelvic organs, strengthen the muscles of the perineum; especially useful for elderly/older men;
- laser exposure – dilates blood vessels, destroys pathogenic microflora, promotes regeneration, anesthetizes, relieves swelling, improves blood circulation;
- physiotherapy with a magnet – relieves pain, eliminates stagnation; recommended for prostatitis and prostate adenoma;
- massage – exposure to the organ through the anus stimulates the outflow of secretions and blood flow to the organ; massaging should only be done by a specialist, self-treatment is unacceptable.
- With prostatitis, the urologist prescribes medication. Only he will prescribe an effective course of therapy. The drugs are taken strictly according to the prescribed scheme, which is strictly forbidden to change by yourself.
- If therapy involves injections or frequent physiotherapy, it is best done in a clinic or day hospital setting. If injections are not provided, it is enough for the patient to drink pills and put candles, you can be treated at home.
- If the prescribed medicines are difficult to buy, they can be replaced with an analogue, but only after consultation with a specialist. Find out if you can get drugs for free, because. some pharmaceutical products are included in state health programs.
Only by observing all these rules, the treatment of any form of prostatitis in men will be effective and will bring complete relief from the pathology forever.
It is impossible to cure prostatitis with completely alternative medicine, but it is capable of preventing it or supplementing drug treatment. Folk methods are especially good at fighting early forms of prostatitis.
The advantages of this technique:
- safety, no adverse reactions;
- complex effect on the male body;
- good compatibility with pharmacological agents.
You can cure the disease at home, but you can use any recipes only after their approval by your doctor.
The basis of traditional medicine is homeopathy, but beekeeping products are also popular – honey, propolis, perga, dead bee, royal jelly. Such gifts of bees and nature have a fairly quick effect, help to cure prostatitis completely, and can contribute to:
- fight against viruses and bacteria;
- relief of inflammation;
- elimination of spasms;
- removal of pain syndrome;
- improving blood supply.
In many cases, the addition of drug therapy with non-traditional prescriptions helped to avoid the serious consequences of prostatitis – the development of adenoma, erectile dysfunction and impotence, and prostate cancer.
Bath and sauna
The treatment regimen for chronic prostatitis usually includes a visit to the steam room. It brings relief from pain, spasms, stagnant processes, fatigue in the muscles of the perineum. But you need to take such procedures correctly:
- broom you need to choose aspen or special, including herbs useful for men – sage, yarrow, mint, chamomile;
- alcohol is prohibited, after a steam room, drink decoctions of the gifts of nature, which have anti-inflammatory, diuretic effects;
- it is forbidden to sharply reduce body temperature: douse yourself with cold water or jump into the pool;
- overheating is also not recommended, so at high temperatures it is better not to enter the steam room or stay in it for too long.
Bath procedures are prohibited during exacerbation, as they provoke an aggravation of the condition and the development of complications.
Treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma in men also implies diet.
Prostatitis is a consequence of poor blood supply to the pelvic organs, it is recommended to abandon products that destroy the health of blood vessels and blood:
|IT IS FORBIDDEN||NEED|
|alcoholic drinks; fatty and fried foods; red meat; spicy and salty dishes; sweet pastries; sorrel; strong tea, coffee; offal.||fresh greens; onion; garlic; mustard; sea fish; seafood; vegetables and fruits.|
Help with acute prostatitis
The prostate gland can become inflamed very sharply and quickly, then it is customary to talk about the acute course of the disease. It is difficult for men to endure characteristic attacks of pain, so you need to know what to do in this situation.
The best advice is to call an ambulance to take the patient to the hospital. If this is not done, complications such as:
- blockage of the veins;
- stasis of urine and rupture of the bladder;
- abscess development.
Adequate and correct treatment aimed at relieving an acute attack can only be prescribed by specialists. Before the doctors arrive, it is recommended to take an antispasmodic or pain medication.
Therapy of the chronic form
To treat prostatitis, which has a chronic course, will have a fairly long period. This complex therapy will include:
- taking medications that can treat the prostate and prevent recurrence of the disease;
- undergoing physiotherapy;
- regular sex;
- exclusion of promiscuity.
In many cases, such therapy gives good results, and patients can do without prostate surgery. This method of treatment is resorted to as a last resort, when conservative therapy is not effective and prostatitis is defined as incurable.
Terms of therapy
Effective treatment of all forms of prostatitis depends on the timely diagnosis of the pathology, the qualifications of the treating doctor and the therapy prescribed by him. But the most important condition is whether the patient will help himself?
It depends only on the patient how quickly he will recover, his main tasks:
- drink and inject all prescribed medicines correctly;
- avoid hypothermia and overheating, penetration of infections;
- follow a diet;
- to live an active lifestyle;
- to refuse from bad habits.
Then the treatment of the acute form will take from 10 to 14 days, chronic – from a month to a year. A young body copes with pathology more easily. After treatment, it is necessary to check the health of the prostate gland, undergoing regular preventive examinations.
Are exotic techniques useful?
How else can you get rid of prostatitis? The techniques are so diverse that you can find the most amazing methods.
- These insects are able to defeat inflammation of the prostate thanks to the carboxylic acid released after a bite.
- This substance increases tissue trophism, activates blood circulation in the prostate.
- Common black ants, which are widespread in our region, are suitable for therapy. It is possible to treat the disease in this way only during the period of remission and in the absence of an allergy to carboxylic acid.
starvation helps to activate metabolic processes, and this leads to:
- to reduce subcutaneous fat;
- weight loss, removal of excess fluid and toxins.
Thus, a general healing effect is carried out, but in the fight against prostatitis, such methods are not enough.
According to doctors, patients with inflammation of the prostate must follow the principle of proper nutrition. It is better to remove harmful foods from the diet than to refuse food completely, even for a few days.
According to Neumyvakin
- Dr. Ivan Pavlovich Neumyvakin suggests treating prostatitis with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
- These inexpensive drugs available to Russian patients can be easily bought at a pharmacy or supermarket, but it is alarming that they must be taken orally, most often on an empty stomach.
According to doctors, the claimed therapeutic effect is rarely observed, and a detrimental effect on the mucous membranes of the digestive tract is a frequent case. Therefore, before resorting to exotic methods, consult a urologist or find real testimonials from patients who have followed them.
- Impact on the acupuncture points of the body activates the synthesis of special substances that trigger the mechanism of combating inflammatory processes. According to representatives of oriental medicine, acupuncture will cure the disease, eliminate its cause.
- Doctors believe that reflexology as the basis of treatment will not cope with pathology, but as part of a comprehensive treatment, it can activate the hidden reserves of the body and speed up recovery.
- Treatment with leeches is relevant, because. is based on the renewal of the blood.
- According to medical data, a third of the volume of biological fluid in the body is in reserve – subcutaneous capillaries, not used in the general bloodstream.
- A leech bite helps to remove this reserve fluid, and a decrease in its volume activates renewal processes. The result is an improvement in the blood supply to all parts of the body.
Hirudotherapy is one of the effective methods of non-traditional treatment, but a specialist should put leeches. This will achieve a therapeutic result, will not lead to complications.
Massage for prostatitis
Massage for chronic prostatitis is often included in medical procedures. Massaging the glandular organ is recommended for many problems with men’s health, it helps:
- eliminate stagnation of prostate juice;
- naturally remove bacteria, the remnants of their vital activity, in advanced cases – pus;
- ensure the flow of blood, and with it – oxygen and nutrients in the perineum;
- improve sperm quality (male semen includes prostate secretion);
- normalize sexual function.
Massage has contraindications:
- exacerbation of any urological disease;
- stones in the prostate;
The attending physician will exclude all restrictions, who will issue a referral for the procedure.
Instruments and apparatus for treatment
You can do massage at home, and for this you do not need to read about the procedure or take a course. You can buy a prostate massager, of which there are a lot on the market.
|vibroacoustic||Vitafon||Vibration stimulates the prostate, which strengthens the tone of the organ, improves blood circulation, enhances the outflow of secretions|
|Electrical||Dorsanval Sirius Electron||It improves blood and lymph flow, increases the permeability of arteries and veins, enhances metabolic processes and regeneration.|
|Magnetic||Almag Androgyne Ermak||They relieve pain, stop inflammation, restore healthy functioning of the prostate, improve blood flow and secretion outflow.|
|Universal||Prostam Soyuz -Apollo Lapwing mavit||They include exposure to magnetic rays, heat, vibration, which have a complex effect.|
The price of such devices can be high, but if you compare it with the total cost of treatment, they quickly pay off. The devices help to treat the chronic form and prevent exacerbations.
Physical activity in pathology is mandatory, but there are several exercises that must be performed regularly. They will help to avoid stagnant processes and recurrence of the disease.
The list includes:
- Kegel exercises;
- inclinations to the right, left leg;
- pelvic lifts lying on your back;
- running, squatting, swinging legs, jumping.
Consequences of untreated prostatitis
If the inflammation of the prostate gland is left without proper attention, it can cause more serious pathologies. The acute form threatens:
- inflammatory processes of the urinary system;
- the formation of an abscess in the prostate;
- development of the chronic form.
The latter leads to:
- impotence, fading of sexual abilities;
- loss of reproductive abilities;
- the formation of tumors of a different nature;
- renal failure;
- the appearance of kidney stones.
Prevention of prostatitis
Preventive measures are of two types – maintaining a proper lifestyle or taking medication. The latter include:
- Avodar ;
- Vitaprost or analogues.
- Cordyceps ;
- Omnic ;
- Pravenor Forte;
- Prostatilen .
Vitamin complexes containing vitamins A, E, C, zinc, selenium will not be superfluous.
The list of rules for a healthy lifestyle includes:
- quitting smoking, alcohol abuse, taking potent substances;
- feasible, but regular physical activity;
- proper nutrition;
- sexual purity.
Reviews of the majority of men who responsibly approached the care of their men’s health say that getting rid of prostatitis is difficult, but real. Yes, therapy is not limited to pills and suppositories.
It requires a revision of all habitual life activity, the rejection of many temptations and habits, but the result exceeds expectations.
Comprehensive treatment, carried out according to all the rules, helps to completely recover from inflammation of the prostate, improve the condition of the whole body, feel younger and more active.