What hygiene products to choose for critical days? In what situations is it better to use the menstrual cup, and when are tampons better? Pros and cons of each tool and user reviews.
Pros and cons of tampons
Tampons are used by women all over the world. Their use allows you to lead an active lifestyle in any period of the cycle. They are created from environmentally friendly materials, suitable for regular use.
The advantages of using tampons
- Invisible under clothes, it is easy to hide the fact of menstruation.
- Take up little space, easy to carry in your purse.
- Available at any store.
- Not felt by a woman when worn.
- There are models of different sizes and with different absorbency.
Cons of using tampons
- Need to be changed every 4-6 hours.
- Forgetting a tampon in the body threatens with anaphylactic shock.
- The lace gets wet when a woman goes to the toilet.
- When changing a tampon, you can get dirty, uncomfortable in a public toilet.
Pros and cons of the menstrual cup
Menstrual cups are created from the most delicate silicone. They allow women to do anything during menstruation. The bowl is located inside the body, adjusting to the shape of the vagina.
It is considered a product that does not pollute the environment. Since it reduces the amount of waste produced by humans. And the bowl also helps save money, although it costs more than tampons, it pays off in a few months. And then there are no monthly expenses for the purchase of disposable funds.
Pros of the menstrual cup
- Used up to 12 hours in a row.
- Change is possible 2 times a day – in the morning and in the evening.
- Serves the user from 5 to 10 years.
- It is not felt inside the body, does not interfere with movements.
- The discharge does not come in contact with air, so there is no characteristic odor.
Cons menstrual cup
- It is necessary to carry out disinfection once a month. Boil or rinse with a drug from a pharmacy.
- It is difficult to change outside the shower, you can get dirty.
- It is necessary to adapt, it turns out not the first time.
In what situations tampons are more convenient than bowls
Tampons are more convenient than a bowl in only one situation when a woman has not yet learned how to properly install a bowl. In this case, the bowl may leak, and this causes discomfort. But after 3-4 months of use, installing the bowl does not cause difficulties, and then the need for tampons disappears.
The bowl is convenient in any circumstances. For example, while swimming. When a woman immerses herself in water with a swab, it absorbs not only the discharge from the inside, but also the water from the outside. Therefore, immediately after immersion, the tampon must be changed, because it is wet. The bowl does not allow moisture to enter the vagina, protects the entrance and does not cause leakage. You can’t change it right away, but how will a convenient opportunity appear.
When the use of the menstrual cup is contraindicated
The menstrual cup is more convenient than tampons. But not everyone can use it and not always. There are contraindications that should not be ignored:
- Virginity. If the girl did not have sex, the use of the bowl should be abandoned. The introduction of objects can cause discomfort.
- Infections If there are diseases of the genitourinary system, you need to consult a doctor – use the bowl or not.
- Injuries. Any damage to the vagina is a contraindication. For example, after childbirth, if there were cuts, you need to wait for healing, and only then use the menstrual cup.
- Individual intolerance to silicone. Allergy is very rare, but if it is, the use of a bowl is prohibited.
What to choose for yourself – tampons or a bowl? Each woman will decide for herself. But it’s more convenient to live with a cup on critical days. But the discomfort of addiction in the first experiments is present.