If prostate diseases were mainly suffered by men over 40 years old, now the age category of patients is much “younger”. The main danger is the infectious nature of the disease, therefore, during therapy, suppositories for prostatitis with an antibiotic are often prescribed.
Modern men care little about their health, especially at a young age. It seems that everything is still ahead, everything will be in time. Meanwhile, they lead an inactive lifestyle, are exposed to stress, abuse junk food, alcohol. The absence of sexual contact for a long time, or, conversely, promiscuous sex, fraught with infections, diseases of an intimate nature.
The advantages of this form of release
There are two types of illness:
- congestive (congestive) – associated with congestion in the pelvic organs and in the prostate;
- bacterial (infectious) – arising from infection with pathogenic bacteria.
With infectious prostatitis, the most effective therapy is suppositories containing an antibiotic.
- destroy disease-causing organisms
- relieve inflammation,
- bring recovery much closer.
The cumulative effect is one of the properties of an antimicrobial drug. Suppositories around the clock struggling with the problems of the affected organ.
Antibiotic suppositories for prostatitis are convenient, they act most quickly on the organ requiring treatment.
- The main one is the intolerance of the component of the drug.
- Patients with heart failure or hypertension need to be careful in choosing such drugs. The medicine must be taken under the supervision of a doctor.
- Additional contraindications are diseases of the blood, liver, kidneys, decreased immunity, dysbacteriosis or psoriasis.
- May affect concentration.
- Side effects with the rectal method of application are minimized. The agent does not injure the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, being absorbed in the intestines.
- It is necessary to use with caution men who are at risk for contraindications. Allergic reactions are possible: itching, burning, skin rashes, nausea, diarrhea, flatulence.
- Exacerbation of problems with the gastrointestinal tract, arrhythmia, vomiting or headaches may occur.
Before taking, carefully read the instructions, follow the prescriptions of the attending physician.
What is better than this form of release?
After insertion into the rectum, the suppository begins to melt from body temperature. The therapeutic effect occurs already after half an hour: being absorbed through the walls of the intestine, the active components penetrate into the blood.
The speed of exposure can be compared with the injection form of administration. But, unlike other methods of administration, rectal minimizes the pathological effects of ingredients on the liver, gastric mucosa. Practically does not cause allergic reactions and intoxication.
Antibiotics and alcohol are incompatible things, contradicting each other. The same applies to treatment with antibiotic suppositories.
- Alcohol has a negative effect on the prostate, reduces immunity. With inflammation, it can provoke a deterioration in the condition. In the acute form of prostatitis or adenoma, the body is already susceptible to intoxication. Drinking alcohol aggravates the situation. There may be dizziness, nausea, vomiting, convulsions, headaches. The effectiveness of therapy is reduced to zero.
Antimicrobial suppositories prevent the complete breakdown of alcohol, accumulate carcinogenic substances in human blood. This can start irreversible processes. For example, cirrhosis of the liver or tissue death.
Views by action
- Pain syndromes in the groin, lower abdomen, back, anus are concomitant factors of inflammation of the prostate. The pain can be sharp and severe, or it can be mild and aching. You don’t have to endure pain. The effectiveness of anesthetic suppositories in this case is guaranteed. However, analgesic rectal substances (this is evident from the name) do not cure the disease itself, but only stop the pain syndrome, they can relieve inflammation.
Here is a sample list of drugs that have analgesic properties:
- Relief ;
- Proctosan ;
- Natalsid .
- Candles from prostatitis of this group are designed to fight the inflammatory process in the damaged organ.
- They often include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Usually this active substance is diclofenac. One of the potent agents that has anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic properties. The active component almost instantly penetrates into the blood, has a beneficial effect on the pelvic organs, especially the prostate.
These are such medicines:
- Dicloberl ,
- Voltaren ,
- Vitaprost ,
- Prostatilen .
You have to be careful and careful. Diclofenac causes many side effects. It is forbidden to take such medicines without a doctor’s prescription.
- There are antibacterial suppositories that are taken for diagnosed prostatitis, which do not contain an antibiotic. Their composition is completely natural, but they also have anti-inflammatory properties. They have an antimicrobial effect. The most famous in this category are Uroprost , Vitaprost , their analogues. They are prescribed to patients with a history of any form of the disease: chronic, acute.
- The main active ingredient is an extract from the prostate of cattle. These biologically active protein substances act on the prostate – eliminate inflammation, pain symptoms, actively fight pathogenic bacteria. Increase local immunity, performing a protective function.
- Side effects of drugs such as Uroprost , Vitaprost or their analogues are minimized due to their natural origin. In isolated cases, intolerance to components can cause an allergic reaction. Then the drug should be stopped.
With complex therapy, immunomodulatory drugs are prescribed.
- Rectal suppositories of this category restore the prostate epithelium. They stimulate new cells to grow and reanimate damaged ones. Thanks to such a component as human interferon, they increase the local immunity of the pelvic organs and the whole organism.
The most common:
- Genferon ,
- Longidaza ,
- Galavit ,
- Methyluracil .
- Proctosedyl is prescribed during complex symptomatic treatment. The main therapeutic property is anti-inflammatory, thanks to hydrocartisone-glucocorticosteroid , which is part of it. Eliminates puffiness, relieves inflammation, relieves pain.
- The second active ingredient is framycetin sulfate. Proctosedyl is a broad spectrum antibiotic.
- The composition of the drug includes components that cause a local anesthetic effect.
- Rifampicin suppositories are considered one of the most effective in the treatment of all forms of bacterial prostatitis. related to antibiotic therapy.
- Relieves inflammation in the tissues of the prostate gland, eliminates pathogenic microflora.
- Rifampicin suppositories for prostatitis contain antispasmodic substances that effectively eliminate pain in the pelvic organs or perineum.
- Azithromycin helps to quickly carry out effective treatment.
- They have an antimicrobial effect. The antibiotic included in their composition has a large range of action, actively fights many infections of the urogenital area.
- It is also used in patients with acute and chronic prostatitis.
- When taking, you must follow the dosage prescribed by your doctor. Usually well tolerated.
- A similar effect in erythromycin suppositories from prostatitis.
One of the inexpensive preparations is ichthyol suppositories. They are also one of the most effective.
- fight inflammation
- its pathogens,
- relieve pain symptoms
- normalize blood circulation,
- have disinfectant properties.
They have no side effects and restrictions on contraindications.
With beta -sitosterol
Candles for prostatitis with beta- sitosterol belong to the category of herbal preparations.
- The active component is effective in the independent fight against the disease and in complex treatment.
- Beta – sitosterol is found in cereals or soy. This phytosterol acts on the prostate, protecting it.
Prostopin for prostatitis / hemorrhoids
Prostopin refers to drugs of natural origin. Active ingredients – bee products:
- royal jelly,
Suppositories with bee products are effective in the fight against prostatitis, prostate adenoma, inflammatory processes of the genitourinary system of men and women, and hemorrhoids. They have anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial action. They help in the treatment of erectile dysfunction, have a beneficial effect on spermatogenesis.
- Longidase rectal suppositories have proven effective in the treatment of the most advanced stages.
- They have anti-inflammatory, chelating , immunomodulatory, antioxidant effects on the affected organ.
- The therapeutic effect is achieved very quickly, given that one suppository is designed for 2-3 days. Admission is appointed courses.
- Candles Prostatilen (analogues Vitaprost and Uroprost ) from prostatitis are of animal origin. Made from bovine prostate extract, they have a beneficial effect on the male prostate.
- Refers to antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory.
- It fights stagnant processes in the pelvic organs, prevents blood clots from forming, increases local immunity, and has a positive effect on spermatogenesis. Usually well tolerated.
- Methyluracil relieves inflammation, has a regenerating effect on the prostate gland.
- It heals wounds, promotes the growth of new epithelial cells, and the restoration of damaged tissues.
- Suppositories Olestezin of natural origin.
- The active ingredient is sea buckthorn oil.
- It has an anti-inflammatory effect, relieves pain, regenerates the epithelium.
- Provides antimicrobial therapy.
- Medicinal suppositories of natural origin containing bee products have proven themselves as a method for preventing prostatitis.
- They are taken in the stage of symptom relief to prevent a new focus of inflammation and the transition of the disease to a chronic form.
- They have anti-edematous, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, regenerating properties.
Here is an example list:
- Prostopin ;
- Propolis DN.
Regular sex life, proper nutrition are the main methods for preventing congestion in the pelvis.
How to make suppositories for prostatitis at home
One of the disadvantages of this form of drug release is the inconvenience of input. However, the positive properties of rectal administration prevail, and this, we recall:
- rapid effect on the affected organ,
- minimal impact of medicinal components on the entire body, which reduces the likelihood of intoxication, minimizes the likelihood of side effects.
- Firstly, all rectal agents are introduced into the rectum immediately after a bowel movement, preferably with an enema. This is a prerequisite for effective influence. It is not always convenient, especially if the drug is prescribed several times a day.
- Secondly, after the introduction of the suppository, it is necessary to stay in the supine position for 30-40 minutes. It, having melted from body temperature, can flow out. This is also not always acceptable.
Minor inconveniences lose the benefits of rectal suppositories for prostatitis.
The opinion of doctors is that this method of drug administration is very simple, but most effective.
We must not forget that such drugs must be taken strictly in accordance with the prescriptions of the attending physician, excluding any amateur performance.