Any disease must be treated in a timely manner to prevent the development of serious complications. Prostatitis in men has a number of signs, knowing which, you can understand:
- than to treat;
- what medicines at home can reduce manifestations;
- how to prevent a recurrence of prostatitis with folk remedies and return to a normal lifestyle.
A man always strives to achieve a high financial and social position. You have to work hard and hard, forgetting about your health. At a certain point, he begins to notice that he often gets up at night, intimacy with his wife does not give the former pleasure, pains appear in the lower abdomen. These could be symptoms of prostatitis.
The first signs of prostatitis
In medical terminology, it is customary to consider acute and chronic prostatitis. Symptoms for both options are similar in terms of the main criteria:
- pain in the lower abdomen, aggravated after urination;
- frequent urges, especially at night;
- decreased libido;
- deterioration of urination – difficulty, increase, decrease in jet flow;
- change in color, concentration of seminal fluid.
If a man noticed the following signs, then first of all it is necessary to consult a urologist.
Characteristics of the acute form of prostatitis
Acute prostatitis in men is differentiated into phases with certain symptoms on each. The main feature is intoxication due to the active inflammatory process.
|catarrhal||At the first stage, the man is concerned about the feeling of heaviness in the perineum, combined with moderate pain. Violation of urination manifests itself in the form of discomfort when emptying the bladder. More often occurs at night due to physiological fluid stagnation. At the same time, hyperthermia and intoxication are not observed.|
|Follicular||The second phase is characterized by the height of clinical manifestations: The pain intensifies, spreads to the penis, perineum, anus; The pressure of the jet decreases, in severe cases – the complete inability to urinate; The temperature rises to 38 degrees; general condition worsens in the form of weakness, lethargy, depression.|
|Parenchymal||Intoxication takes the first place of the third stage against the background of a sharp rise in temperature (39 degrees): chills; · thirst; pronounced weakness. The parenchymal phase is accompanied by dyspeptic changes – impaired defecation, false urges (tenesmus), increased gas formation in the intestines (flatulence). The pain becomes pulsating, circularly covers the small pelvis.|
The acute form of prostatitis must be treated in a hospital under the supervision of a urologist.
Features of chronic prostatitis
It is dangerous to tolerate manifestations of acute prostatitis, it can become chronic. You can recognize it by a number of characteristic features:
- Frequent nocturnal urges do not bring relief.
- On the contrary, the pain intensifies at the time of emptying.
- Blood clots (hematuria) appear in the urine.
- It becomes cloudy due to the purulent component.
- Painful sensations that do not go away on their own. To
- Upirovyatsya only analgesics, antispasmodics.
- A constantly circulating infection provokes temperature thresholds of up to 37 degrees.
- During sexual contact, a man may notice pain during ejaculation.
- The advanced stage of chronic prostatitis is accompanied by persistent impotence.
Any inflammatory disease tends to become chronic . The severity of symptoms will decrease slightly, but the focus of infection will remain. Under the influence of external or internal factors, it will aggravate again. Therefore, the disease must be treated at the time of acute symptoms.
Let doctors take care of your health
Many men are treated at home, without going to the doctor.
The danger of self-treatment is the likelihood of treating the wrong disease.
There are pathologies with a similar clinical picture. There are cases when the patient himself was treated with antibiotics and folk remedies, but there was no obvious positive dynamics. When contacting a urologist, it was found that the cause was prostate cancer.
Therefore, in case of unpleasant, uncomfortable symptoms, you should sign up for a consultation with a specialist. He will conduct laboratory, instrumental studies. Based on them, he will make a clinical diagnosis, and then draw up a treatment regimen that will remove the signs of prostatitis and eliminate the source. Home medicines will also fit into this scheme.
What diseases can mimic prostatitis?
In addition to prostatitis in men, the following diseases can cause similar symptoms:
- inflammatory processes of the bladder – cystitis;
- urinary tract infections (bacterial or viral) – urethritis;
- narrowing of the urethra against the background of previous diseases or as an anomaly of development;
- pyelonephritis (inflammation of the kidney parenchyma);
- urolithiasis with the presence of stones in the pyelocaliceal system of the kidneys, ureters, bladder;
- an increase in the volume of the prostate with the formation of adenomas;
- oncology of the prostate gland, bladder;
- acute block of urination of various origins.
There are many variants with similar symptoms, so a preliminary differential diagnosis is necessary. Each pathology requires its own set of drugs and therapeutic manipulations.
Basic therapy for prostatitis
Before prescribing treatment, the doctor will refer you to urine and blood tests, cultures to identify the provoking pathogen.
|Pharmacological group of medicines||Result of drug treatment|
|Antibiotics effective against the pathogen (based on bakposev )||With the right medications, getting rid of the main symptoms of prostatitis occurs within a few days.|
|Analgesics||Quickly reduce the intensity of pain.|
|Antipyretic||Restore physiological temperature values. At the same time, doctors recommend not knocking down subfebrile, it is an indicator of the body’s fight against infection.|
|Anti-inflammatory (non-steroidal)||NSAID tablets are used to reduce inflammation, resulting in less soreness.|
|Diuretics||Assign together with a plentiful drink. Diuretics effectively remove excess fluid, wash the lumen of the urinary tract. Necessary to prevent ascending infection towards the kidneys.|
|Laxatives||Reducing straining during bowel movements helps reduce the load on the prostate gland.|
|Antiandrogens||To ensure temporary rest of the prostate during the treatment period.|
In addition to standard drugs, urologists supplement the scheme with point effects. For example, when benign hyperplasia is confirmed, ” Afala ” is prescribed, which purposefully affects the prostate.
Treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies
With the help of folk recipes, you can:
- treat chronic prostatitis at home;
- prevent exacerbation;
- restore general protective functions.
Before use, it is necessary to consult with your doctor in order to exclude the worsening of the course of the disease. Recipes based on natural products are safe, but can cause an allergic reaction. This should be discussed with the doctor.
One of the options for the treatment and prevention of prostatitis is the daily use of pumpkin seeds. You need to eat them in the morning before breakfast, you can use them during the day.
The effectiveness of alternative medicine is noted – apitherapy (bees), hirudotherapy (leeches) for the treatment of stagnant processes of an infectious nature.
With the help of medicinal herbs, plants, and other natural ingredients, effective decoctions are obtained.
For cooking, you need garlic and milk.
- Finely chop 3 cloves, pour a glass of milk, bring to a boil over a fire.
- You need to take the infusion 2 times a day – in the morning and in the evening.
We take onion peel, rinse under running water.
- Fill with boiling water, put on the stove for 8 minutes.
- After boiling, remove from heat, leave to languish under the lid for 40 minutes.
- Add honey and drink 100 ml three times a day.
Take a large sheet, grind, pour hot water (800 ml).
- We put it on the stove, where we will cook the infusion for 5 minutes.
- After this time, remove from heat, wrap the pan with a towel and leave for a day.
- It should be drunk 4 times a day, 100 ml for 2 months.
To prepare a healing decoction, you need birch tar.
- It is mixed with water in a ratio of 1:8.
- Boil the resulting liquid for 5 minutes.
- Then we leave the container for 2 days so that it settles.
- On the surface you will see a film, remove it.
- Pour the liquid into a glass jar and store in the refrigerator.
- It should be drunk on an empty stomach (15 minutes before breakfast), 100 ml for 10 days.
You will have to prepare aspen bark in advance, dry it, finely chop it.
- For a decoction, you need 100 g of a dry component.
- Pour boiling water, cook for 15 minutes, cool, filter.
- Therapeutic dose – 250 ml 40 minutes before meals.
- The duration of treatment is 2 weeks.
Several cooking methods.
- The simplest is to brew like regular tea at the rate of 1 teaspoon of the dry mixture per glass of water.
- The second option is to pour 1 tablespoon of Ivan-tea in a thermos with boiling water, leave to infuse for 10 hours.
Aloe with honey
Aloe has amazing healing properties, it reduces inflammation, restores the body’s physiological defenses – a natural immune stimulant.
- Finely chop the leaves of aloe (30 g ), mix with honey (30 g), pour 200 ml of water, boil, cool.
- Take 1 tablespoon before meals.
Ginseng has been used for a long time to improve fertility.
- It is also recommended for the treatment of prostatitis.
- Additionally, Eleutherococcus can be added to the infusion.
- We take 50 g of ginseng and 100 g of Eleutherococcus berries, pour boiling water over it, cook for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 10 minutes.
Fennel and juniper fruits
We take the ingredients in a ratio of 1: 3, add calendula and parsley.
- Fill with boiling water, leave overnight.
- You need to drink the infusion twice a day, 50 ml.
A very simple way to prepare a medicinal infusion:
- We take 50 g of dry orchis, grind to a powder.
- We fall asleep in a thermos, pour a liter of boiling water, leave for 8 hours.
- Daily dosage – 30 ml 3 times a day.
We take 3 parsley roots and 1 tablespoon of chopped (but not dried) hazel bark, pour a liter of boiling water.
- We put on a small fire, cook for 20 minutes.
- After cooling, we filter.
- Decoction can replace daily drinking water.
In the absence of liver disease, you can prepare herbal tinctures with alcohol. Propolis has excellent healing properties, which is used to treat many inflammatory diseases.
For the treatment of prostatitis, a tincture of vodka or alcohol is prepared. Mix both components, put in a cool place for 2 weeks.
The course of admission is 30 drops before meals, diluted in warm water or milk.
In addition to medicinal infusions, decoctions, baths with the addition of medicinal plants or needles are used.
Before use, it is important to test for an allergic reaction.
- Chamomile (calendula), string or St. John’s wort are used as components for herbal baths.
- They heal due to the complex anti-inflammatory and analgesic action.
- To eliminate the manifestations of chronic prostatitis, a coniferous bath is often recommended.
- The infusion is also used as a warming after prolonged hypothermia.
Rinse and boil the needles first, then add to the bath. You can lie in it for up to 10 minutes.
Due to the proximity of the wall of the rectum and the prostate gland, it is possible to influence the prostate using microclysters with drugs or herbal decoctions. Most often, chamomile is used for this purpose.
Physiotherapy at home
In the pharmacy you can see various physiotherapy devices for the treatment of prostatitis at home, which is convenient, comfortable and fast. They are compact, easy to use, procedures can be carried out at home. Many devices are low priced.
Each device has a manual that describes step by step how to use it.
|Name||Principle of operation|
|Vitafon||Its vibroacoustic properties are aimed at improving local blood supply. As a result, it cures, accelerating the process of tissue healing, restoring microcirculation.|
|Prostam||The positive effect is due to parallel thermal, magnetic, vibrational effects. According to reviews, it significantly reduces inflammation, relieves pain.|
|Darsonval||The device, operating on the basis of pulsed current, is used in many fields of medicine. Efficiency has been proven in neurology, cosmetology, dermatology. In the treatment of prostatitis , Darsonval provides favorable microstimulation , which speeds up recovery.|
|Almag||Magnetotherapy, which underlies the action of the Almag apparatus , has a good effect on the prostate gland. The patient gets rid of inflammation, swelling and pain.|
|Minin reflector (“blue lamp”)||Healing with heat.|
Prostate massage can stimulate the prostate gland locally. The advantage of this approach is the ability to conduct at home. The duration of one manipulation should not exceed 2 minutes – such a massage is undesirable due to possible injury.
Before carrying out, it is necessary to consult a urologist regarding the technique, features.
The opinion of urologists about alternative methods of treatment
Doctors who daily face the results of self-treatment strongly recommend not to experiment on themselves, not to look on pseudo-medical forums for how to quickly cure prostatitis at home.
Self-medication, at best, will not cure, and at worst, it will aggravate the course, provoke serious complications.
Urologists believe that traditional medicine recipes should complement basic therapy and in no case replace it.
Prevention of prostatitis
The human body is a complex and very fragile system. Most diseases can be prevented by following the rules of a healthy lifestyle. Regarding the prostate, a man should follow the following tips:
- Visit the doctor systematically, even if there are no pronounced changes in the state of health.
- Do not overcool, wear warm underwear in winter and autumn.
- Go in for sports, do morning exercises.
- Control nutrition, do not overload the body with excessively high-calorie foods. It leads to weight gain and deterioration of protective properties.
By following these recommendations, a man will not learn about prostatitis and other diseases of the genitourinary system until old age.
The quality of life is made up of physical, emotional health, satisfaction. Inflammation of the prostate can upset this balance. To permanently cure prostatitis and prevent re-exacerbation, you must strictly follow medical recommendations.